Wednesday, February 24, 2010

There's no place like home....

Thank goodness for the slides that corresponded to this video or I would have been a bit lost. Though this video was rather lengthy and overwhelming it had some good information available. It was a carefully planned and creatively thought out video. When gathering, sharing, and organizing information on the web it can be rather stressful if you do not know how to do certain things or aren't sure of what you are looking for, this video helps you to approach situations such as that in a calmly manner without feeling overwhelmed.




The idea of using the Wizard of Oz the musical to explain the ways of the web was very creative. I personally love the Wizard of Oz. However, I found that this video was entirely too long. Someone wanting to learn about applications and blogging might not want to watch an hour long video, plus by the time the video starts and end there is so much in between I found that I was forgetting what happened before. Though the idea was a different approach, it was hard for me to stay focused for that long. The message being potrayed is great and I like the thought behind it but I think it could have been cut down in length.


I do hope that I am able to have the oppertunity to use such applications and the web in my future classroom, using a song to teach kids is always a great way to gain their attention. However, I will be teaching kids who are still learning to tie their shoes so using an hour long video would not be an option for their attention span would more than likely be shot before the first song. Kids at that age may not be capable of understanding the terminology nor will they have as much access to computers as the teens in this video. Overall, I liked the general idea and message of this video but wouldn't have minded if it was a bit shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment